Ngā Tikanga | Conditions of Use
Upon making your booking your booking request will be sent to the Ngati Koata team for approval. Once approved you will receive a payment reminder 30 days prior to your stay.
Full payment is due 14 days prior to your stay. If your booking is made within 30 days or your stay, you will receive a payment reminder immediately, and have until 14 days prior to your sty to make this payment.
If you wish to book within 14 days of your stay, this will need to be done by calling the office on +64 3 548 163 or 0800 KOATACALL. Bookings within 14 days of the stay are not able to be made via the online booking system. If you wish to book both whare, please get in touch with the the office.
There are a number of tikanga to be aware of prior to booking Te Haeata.
- Ngāti Koata whānau are given priority for the use Te Haeata.
- Holidays and long weekends are reserved for Ngāti Koata whānau and groups only. This includes school holidays, Christmas and New Years, Waitangi Day, Easter, ANZAC, Queens Birthday and Labour Day.
- Te Haeata is drug-free.
- The water supply is by tank and therefore limited. Please conserve water during your stay at Te Haeata.
- PACK IN AND PACK OUT. This means you must take out everything you bring in, including all of your rubbish. There is a 24-hour coin operated skip in Rai Valley. For more info, click here: https://www.marlborough.govt.nz/services/refuse/transfer-stations/rai-valley
- There are no clothes-washing facilities so please ensure you take enough clothing/towels etc. to last the duration of your stay.
- You need to take your own bedding (sheets, pillows, pillow cases and blankets).
- Please leave Te Haeata in the same (or better) shape as you found it. There is a supply of cleaning equipment and products there.
- Please be respectful of the local community and other users of the bay. Excessive noise and/or inappropriate behaviour may affect your ability to use Te Haeata in future.
- Unless advised otherwise, you can collect the keys from the Webber whare at French Pass.
- Please report any property, maintenance, health and safety or cleaning equipment/supply issues to the Trust Office at your earliest convenience.